Friday, November 25, 2011

G.D. Zandalari's! randoms!

I've been so sick of running these 2 instances for months now. For awhile there they were great. I love the throw back instances, don't mind them being 'lazy rehashed' at all. I got a Zulian Tiger on my main last year and ZG was actually the very first raid I ever did on my main, so I'm all about nostalgia. I love the hex sticks for buffs or minor rewards, I love the mini-bosses that drop decent worthwhile stuff, but god help you if you try to get a random group to go 2 minutes out of their way to kill one! I think the reskinning of the Armani War Bear is ugly as sin tho and passed on rolling on them all until I was the only one who didn't have it. Still like heroic SFK and to a lesser degree Deadmines. They're all great and fun, just too damn long, but that's not why I have issue with the Zandalari's.

More so above and beyond my general dislike of running a random I just hate the fact that I have to run either of these 2 to get my valor points on my alts quicker. Its really maddening how they did that. Give them and the original heroics the same amount of valor points, but keep the random queues separate! I realize they're harder than the regular heroics and that's why they grant more points I guess, but when you add in the random noob variable they aren't any more or less difficult than the original heroics! This week I've wiped in regular 5-mans like Grim Batol and Blackrock Caverns to nubbishness more than I have in either ZA/ZG. They're just as difficult when you're a noob, ilevel doesn't help that. Yet lately I've opted to run the older 5-mans for points instead of ZA/ZG only because I'm so flippin bored of queuing up for 1 of 2 different dungeons. That is the definition of 'grind'! Being forced to repeat the same activity over and over again just to get your basic rewards like valor points. Until recently I haven't even bothered running randoms over the last couple months. I've had several alts who haven't earned a single valor point outside of a BH pug just because I want to run dungeons for fun, not because I have to. So for instance my rogue who has only gotten into maybe 1 Firelands alt run has pretty much all the same gear as when this patch started. I made a choice to pass on keeping it's gear current in favor of keeping my sanity intact. I like what I'm reading about alternate non-dungeon valor point rewards coming up in MoP, but I'm not one of these players that swoons over what is to come or drool over some future feature in some future expansion. That's not the game I'm playing today.

The only reason I started up random dungeons again is to get valor to sell BoE bracers while they're still worth something before our points get converted in the soon approaching patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment