Monday, June 11, 2012

The Forsaken in the Age of Transmog

I touched on this awhile back in a post, but apparently it's still on my mind.

I love my Undead, I have 4 of them including my main. I find the Forsaken lore and quest lines to be underlined with a tragic sadness. Former humans, raised up and enslaved through unholy and demonic powers to fight against their will for the very forces that killed and ripped their humanity from them in the first place. Finally after breaking free and trying to notch their own place in this world they are ultimately despised and hated by everyone, even their own Horde, not that they care about them too much either. Sylvannas has her own agenda, but I believe most of the Forsaken are rather just kinda "eh, whatever" about their afterlife. They're resilient, they press on and just keep "living".

But, in the age of transmog I feel penalized for playing this race. Their lack of elbows and knees really destroys the otherwise great looking armor sets available all throughout each expansion of WoW. I don't care for Human males either though. Their hips being so big and their overall straight and shapeless forms just leave a lot of gear looking unimpressive on them.

That being said, there's some sets that just look utterly badass on an Undead. I'm thinking specifically my locks T8 Deathbringer Garb and T10 Dark Coven's Regalia. Both seem tailor made for an Undead. Nobody wears those sets better than a Forsaken. Even our first sighting of the Deathbringer Garb a year before it was available in game for players was Grand Apothecary Putress at the Battle for Wrathgate.

But ya, with all the talk about updated character models I'd be easily placated if they'd simply add some knees and elbows to my Forsaken. They can leave the spine that pokes out, I don't mind that nearly as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment