Saturday, July 7, 2012

DMF Vendors Need More Stuff


I'm currently sitting on almost 1000 Darkmoon Prize Tickets across all my alts. I have 2 Dancing Bears, a Forest Strider and at least 1 of each pet, most alts have the little monkey with the fez because it's a little monkey with a fez! I've even redeemed some tickets for the Replica tier pieces, but it's been months since I've claimed a prize at the Darkmoon Faire. So where's my motivation to keep visiting our wandering band of carnies and merry makers?

Yes, I have a lot of alts, but I'm not hardcore about the Faire at all. At best I hit up the Faire once on half my toons while it's in town mostly for the +5 cooking and fishing quests and to turn my Grisly Trophies in. Those first couple months after the Faire's relaunch I collected and turned in all the dungeon/battleground quest drop artifacts for the achievements on my main. Since then however when I get a Mysterious Grimoire, Captured Insignia, etc... they all get put on the AH. At any given time I have 20+ Soothsayer Runes littering my toons bags. They don't sell for squat so often I just have to type in DELETE to get rid of them. I've learned to NOT click that first raid boss just so I can avoid looting another one of these things.

Last December I wrote about how grand and awesome the DMF redesign was and that's where my issue lays. I still think it's a beautiful and magical zone and even after 6+ months the mini-games are still kinda fun, but in this game it's gear and rewards that drive players to keep chuggin away at same content again and again. And in a relatively short amount of time, even just casually enjoying this content I've realized that there's no reward left to pursue and keep me coming back. Most of the time if I'm at DMF I'm fishing not playing. Love that Darkmoon Firewater! Gear, toys, goodies, etc... drive players to keep playing. I'm sure I'm not in the minority of players here who have exhausted the gifts DMF offers and that kind of seems like a shame.

So for now, I'll still be casually enjoying the Faire, hording up those prize tickets and crossing my fingers that at the very least those heirloom pants that were data-mined so long ago at least end up at the vendor here.

No comments:

Post a Comment