Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Cata Transmogrification Time Capsule - Warlock

Before my pretty transmog sets get ruined by all those MoP quest greens I decided to take a few pics to remember what my guys were rocking in the fashion department. For the most part I just used what I've held onto or could quickly acquire.

Evilest - Forsaken Warlock
Interestingly my lock left Cata looking pretty much the same as he did starting out. What I refer to as the "Lord Godfrey" set, but Space Cowboy is another way it's been described. Pretty much every clothie early in Cataclysm wore a least a few of these pieces in either red, purple or white and typically all three colors at the same time which kind of ruined the simple elegance to this set. The various pieces were pretty ubiquitous through the launch content found in quest rewards, rep vendors, 5-mans, and even crafted through tailoring.The problem in coordinating these sets in terms of fashion was that it lead to horrible itemization. If you wanted a full red or white or purple set of this armor you were wearing pieces with +spirit +hit +resilience. Not exactly the kind of stats you want when tackling WoW's revisit to difficult heroic 5-man dungeons. My following transmog set will clearly illustrate how bad of an armor set you have to put together, just to look so good. Links and stuff below the photo.

* yes, I swapped out my Dragonwrath for this xmog set, I just think the heroic Lightnight Rod works so perfectly having such a complimentary hue and when that Power Torrent flame turns purple, it's like BAM!
I've never been 100% on this cloak TBH, I've held on to it for years and it seemed to match well, but I'm sure if I put some time in I'd find a cloak that I feel better about. Pepe's Shroud of Pacification (trash drop in Battle for Mt. Hyjal) is a more flashy option, but a little too "peacock-ish" for my tastes.



 Make sure to match your transmog with your mount!

No comments:

Post a Comment