Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Cata Transmogrification Time Capsule - Paladin

Before my pretty transmog sets get ruined by all those MoP quest greens I decided to take a few pics to remember what my guys were rocking in the fashion department. For the most part I just used what I've held onto or could quickly acquire.

Valori - Blood Elf Paladin
*These caps kinda suck. I was going for a more cinematic shot vs. zooming in and showing off the good.
Starting off as a pretty straight forward "Blood Knight" set I swapped in a couple of non-tier warrior pieces during Dragon Soul to accent and update the look while staying in the black/red color scheme for a strong and bold look. Though the pixel resolution differences in mixing old and new armor models is very apparent I thought they complemented each other well enough and I was happy with the end result.
The best part about this set is it can be almost entirely put together through vendors! Everything on this paladin except for the iconic shield (quest) and boots (raid drop) can be bought with Justice Points. With MoP in full swing you're probably saving all your JP for lvl 90 gear, but soon enough after you've bought everything you'll be trying to figure out creative uses for that JP again and that's where our friendly old tier vendors come in.


The "Blood Knight" pieces: Inferno Tempered (chest, legs, hands, boots) along with the matching belt Girdle of the Protector can all be bought with JP from G'eras in Shattrath City.

1-handed Weapon choices: Find something you like, you'll be happier. This one pictured is actually a random Wrath green boe drop that I got off the AH for pennies. It has a red ribbon tied around the hilt that I liked. I originally used a couple of the Dark Iron Blacksmith weapons: Ebon Hand and Blackguard. They're small, subtle and I like the classic vanilla models. Once I got an actual Souldrinker I left it as is for awhile.




 Make sure to match your transmog with your mount!

No comments:

Post a Comment