Friday, November 2, 2012

The Lorewalkers - crying out for account wide achievement progress

I know I've clicked on you already!
I tried to stay true to the spirit of exploration in my Lorewalker progression. I was aware that by simply tabbing out and looking up a guide on where all these scrolls are placed I could easily, in a couple hours click them all to get exalted and have my own little hover-disc mount. But where's the fun and feeling of accomplishment in that? I knew eventually I would find them all, for I had discovered a bunch already just through normal questing. The problem is, they were all on different characters. To curb burnout and keep things fresh while leveling up multiple alts through Pandaria I skipped over many zones on purpose so I could hit them up later on alts. This does not bode well for Lorewalker rep achievements it turns out.

What I realized after "tabbing out", looking up a guide and then flying all over to fill in the blanks for these achievements on my main is that in fact I had done all this already, just not on the same toon. This bothered me. For I had in fact, though the natural course of questing and leveling found each and every one of these across my stable of alts, but I was at this point practically forced to exit the game and look up the answer to get credit for it. It would seem to me that Lorewalker rep is a prime candidate for account-wide progression tracking as it's very much in the spirit of "not forcing you stay on a single character just to work on an achievement". While we're at it, make Glorious! account wide progressive as well. I got about 90% of this list done while leveling the alts, but I had to track and kill most of them again at 90 to get the achievement. I would have rather left those rares up for leveling players who could much more benefit from the fight with their bonus experience gains, lower level gear drops and other goodies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment