Monday, November 5, 2012

Random Complaints About Shadow Bolt

Image stolen from Cynwise

#1. Demonology is the only spec now that uses Shadow Bolt.
#2. Shadow Bolt should be a viable alternative for Malefic Grasp with Affliction.
#3. The Glyph of Shadow Bolt shouldn't be "required" for it's dps increase from more proc chances. 
#4. Why bother to redesign the animation of Shadow Bolt at the end of Cata when only 1 spec would be using it and that spec use the glyph that makes them so tiny you can't even see the animation in all it's glory? 

I'd be happy if they could just bring it back into Affliction. To me Shadow Bolt was always the iconic warlock spell. You start off with it on your bar there at level 1. It's evil ghostly purple and black skull was just the epitome of what being a warlock was.  I liked the glyphed effect of the 3 tiny bolts for awhile, but today it just seems like a less than epic experience after winding up that long hard cast. It complimented Affliction so well as it's filler too. I really don't like that my lock is basically looking and acting like a shadow priest now with it's Mind Flay, er... I mean Malefic Grasp... I don't care how well it's topping the meters.

It's petty I know, I miss my old big nuke.

No comments:

Post a Comment